Roof Replacement is commonly referred to as re-roofing. This typically involves the process of removing existing roof tiles. Then replace them with new roof tiles or colourbond roofing. Then battens, heavy-duty sarking and blanket insulation, all whilst you are still living in your house. The Re-Roofing process is very different from the simple application of a ‘supply and fix new tiles’ to a home.
With a new home, no one is living inside the house. The surrounding gardens and landscaping have not been undertaken and the ceilings and internal fixtures have not been installed. So at that time there is nothing that can be damaged in the process.
Roof Replacement is Different
So, with Re-Roofing, the roof needs to be kept watertight at all times. By doing this we ensure your belongings and all internal fixtures are kept safe. Your gardens and landscaped areas are important to us too. So we also protect those as best we can.
This is why it’s important to get a Re-Roofing specialist to undertake this work. And who else better than Alan’s Roof Restoration! I have been Re-Roofing for over 20 years. So, I know what I need to do to get the best possible results.
When Repairs or Restoration Isn’t Possible
In some cases, it’s not always possible, or there would be little benefit, in restoring or repairing your roof. This may be due to its age, a bad job done previously or some other undetected defect.
Replacing an old roof with a new one will give you peace of mind. A fresh look and will help ensure that your money is not wasted on something with little benefit.
Our Roof Replacement Service
Our Re-Roof and Replacement service will guarantee you get a first-class, long-lasting result. A result that will save you money for the future and will provide your home with a much-needed facelift. And it will increase your property value.
Alan’s Roof Restoration has replaced roofs all across Sydney. The following is a basic scope of works for replacing a roof:
- Supply & erect a proper work health and safety system where required, as per Work Cover Legislation.
- Strip off all existing roofing tiles/panels and completely remove all from the site.
- Re-set out all rafters for new tile battens and tile sizes, to ensure tiles/panels can be fitted accordingly.
- Supply and fix new roof Sarking to the entire roof area, in accordance with safety measures.
- Then supply and fix new softwood timber battens (28 x 38mm) to the entire roof area.
- Supply and fix new valley irons to existing valley boards (Colourbond).
- We fix anti-ponding boards and anti-flap pads where required (this may not be required).
- Supply and fix new roofing tiles/panels to the entire roof area, in a selected colour/profile, in accordance with manufactures recommendations/guidelines.
- Fix new flashings to penetrations where required/re-dress existing flashings, if required.
- Supply and fix ridge capping tiles/panels to all hips and mains. Using the Flexi-point Ridge Security system or other selected material. We fit weep holes to all short course or flat through profile tiles.
- Clean up and remove all related residues from the site.
- We undertake an in-depth inspection prior to final payment.
A System that Works!
Want to find out if your roof is suited for a restore or replacement? Simply click through for a Free Inspection and Quote.
For more information on available tiles, check our supplier websites by clicking their logos below.
Before & After Roof Replacement